Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

due to heat? bios?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

it wasnt like this before, i accidentaly upgraded bios. i didnt even know what it was it just said upgrade didnt think it would be bad, then this happend, only problem is that same day is the day that my RAM started making a beeping sound, tho that beeping sound isnt consisten anymore (unless im playing a game) then it just wont shut up, but yeah

so i tried reinstalling the ram, makn sure there wasnt any dust etc.
how can i downgrade bios on my gigabyte???
its at f8b right now, i just wanted to go down 1. to a stable one hopefuly. thanks
let me know if this is the reason why my FPS in games is really really low....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

If you have updated the BIOS, accidently or otherwise, you should restart the computer, access the BIOS , go to the exit page , load the defaults, & exit saving the changes.

If the problem persists try clearing the CMOS & then loading the defaults.

If the problem still persisys then it's time to try older BIOS .

You should be able to go back to an older version of the BIOS by downloading the BIOS file & the flash utility , making a disk [or using the flash feature in the BIOS setup if your motherboard has it] & flahing to an older version.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

i didnt understand, my bios program thingy just comes up with "update bios" and search the net to update etc. nothing saying i can go back to the 1 i used before this, i think the bios on this comp are the original ones before i effd it up, could u give me newbie steps pls? thanks alot

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

What model is your Gigabyte motherboard ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:14 AM

the ga-945gcm-S2L,

i downgraded my bios to that award version F6. my fps went up usualy about 25-29fps now.

WHY DOES MY IP KEEP RESETTING?? i just got dont releasing renewing etc , and then suddenly it comes back i keep getting disconnected, and when i type ipconfig /all in my command
it says a problem occurred. a device attached is not functioning etc,

#6 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

It sounds like you need to reinstall, or update the driver for your Network Adapter [LAN].

#7 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

I looked your ga-945gcm-S2L up on the Gigabyte site.

It looks like when you updated your BIOS to the newest version you got "Beta" BIOS.
Beta usually indicates they are still under testing & may still have a few "bugs" .
That is possibly why you encountered a problem with the latest version.

If you haven't done so you might want to download the newest drivers for your motherboard & install them.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherb...?ProductID=2669

Make sure I have the correct motherboard.
Make sure you download the proper drivers for your version of Windows .
I suggest installing the chipset drivers first & then the others.

In nothing else you might want to try the LAN driver & see if it fixes your disconnect problem.

#8 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:32 AM

thanks bro, ^^ ill let u know what happend im doin it right now,

#9 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:35 AM

and btw i downgraded my bios to version F6, i keep trying to find the f8 but i cant seem to find it..
thanks 4 the help!!!ill let u know what happens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users