Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:24 AM
Gavinseabrook, what they are saying is that they can't get past the screen where they click on the user. This means that they can't get to the desktop.
LISurfcaster, let's hope that this is a software glitch and try the following. Since you can't boot into Safe Mode I'm guessing that you can't access the Last Known Good Configuration. If you have the installation CD try using the Recovery Console.
Note: You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order to be able to boot from the Windows installation disk.
To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the]Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER.
6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life. You never know when one will leave you.