Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing, but not Saving, Word Doc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anonix

Anonix

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

This has happened a few times now. If I type a Word document, print it, then forget to save it before closing, is it retrievable? I did not name or save the document. Where do I look to find it? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

Hi there! :thumbsup:

I see that your issue pertains to Microsoft Word. Unfortunately, if you exit Word correctly, then the temporary file that backs up your document will be deleted. If Word closes out immediately due to some reason, then your document will be saved and recovered by the next time you start Word.

#3 Anonix

Anonix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:09 AM

Hi there! :thumbsup:

I see that your issue pertains to Microsoft Word. Unfortunately, if you exit Word correctly, then the temporary file that backs up your document will be deleted. If Word closes out immediately due to some reason, then your document will be saved and recovered by the next time you start Word.

Ok, thanks for the info. I think I closed down Word correctly, btw.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:23 AM

If this happens often, and with important documents, you might want to have Word auto-save every fifteen minutes or so.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users