Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bluetooth headset help

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 madeupfile

madeupfile

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

iv got a bcm2045a that my friend gave to me when his new labtop had a bluetooth chip in it after manualy installing the driver by changing the bth.inf (added this because i dont know if it might be part of the prob or not)

i pair the bluetooth headset to it but the next set is to go to bluetooth network places and right click the headset to activate it but there is no bluetooth place >.< iv tried reinstalling the bluetooth doogle and headset on my account and another account
any help would be great!

also i didnt know where to put things related to bluetooth devices... so i tried here sorry if im wrong

Edited by madeupfile, 19 February 2009 - 06:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hi there madeupfile! :flowers:

I do not quite understand what your problem is. Please explain in more detail so I may understand and most definitely help you! :thumbsup:

EDIT: typo

Edited by Jay-P VIP, 19 February 2009 - 07:08 PM.

#3 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

like i said i have it synced with the computer sorry for forgeting to say the prob =P the prob is that i cant use it the mic the computer isnt recigniseing that there is a mic connected to the computer which from a how to says i have to activate it from the bluetooth network places which i dont have/cant find

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hello again.

While reading support information for Broadcom 2045A bluetooth headset, I noticed that Broadcom has recently released a driver update for the headset.

I would recommend to reinstall the driver, using your Bluetooth 2045A install media (CD, etc)

Do you have the install media?

If not, then I might be able to obtain the download. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jay-P VIP, 19 February 2009 - 09:44 PM.

#5 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

no i dont =(

edit: i did install it by using this

"First, connect the device to the computer via USB as usual. Now Windows will tell you installing the new hardware has failed and so on, not even Windows Update can resolve it. This is typical of Windows as it doesn’t have the required drivers for this particular Broadcom BCM2045A Device.

Now right-click on My Computer and hit Manage. From the window that pops out, click Device Manager on the left side-pane. You must see the ‘BCM2045A’ written in it under the section ‘Other Devices’. Right click that and hit Properties now. Go to the details tab and from the drop down menu that appears, select Hardware ID. You should see two lines that look like below:

USBVID_0A5C&PID_2045&REV_0112
USBVID_0A5C&PID_2045

Right click the second one (Without the REV* thing) and select Copy.

Now head to My Computer and under the Windows directory, enter the directory named INF (or inf) and locate the bth.inf file in it. Open the bth.inf file with your favorite text editor (I prefer the vanilla Notepad), and find the line called “Device Section Start” in it.

Now locate the name ‘Broadcom‘ and under it, you’ll see a device of BCM2033 or so with a different Hardware ID. Just replace the 2033 with a 2045A and the 2033 in the Hardware ID line (Something like “Transceiver= BthUsb, USBVID_0A5C&PID_2033“) with 2045 in place of 2033. Else, just erase the USB/VID line and paste the one you had earlier copied into the clipboard.
Save the file and quit.

Now replug the device and go to Device Manager again via My Computer - Manage. Find the BCM2045A again and right click and choose Update Driver. When Windows offers to search for drivers for the 2045A ask it to show you a list of known hardware to choose manually. Now look for Bluetooth Radio devices and under that look for Broadcom.

Under Broadcom, choose the one that has 2045A (i.e, the one we edited. It may still show up as 2033, but still, select it!) And hit next. The devices will now be found, installed and configured."

-http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?p=77084

Edited by madeupfile, 19 February 2009 - 09:56 PM.

#6 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

You may access the download page for Broadcom 2045A headset drivers, and download. When it is finished downloading, please extract them, then install them, by double clicking Setup.exe located in inside the folder.

I have scanned the folder for viruses and spyware, and the report came back clean. This is a safe download.

EDIT: You may have to uninstall the device then reconnect it to the system and click cancel on the wizard before installing this driver. You can uninstall it by going back to the Device manager.

Edited by Jay-P VIP, 19 February 2009 - 10:12 PM.

#7 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

hmm the link you provided is only part 2 =P

#8 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

I downloaded both of the files and tested them. They are both the same, my friend. :thumbsup:

#9 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

nvm, after looking a bit i saw i could go back to the first page that you prob ment to link

Edited by madeupfile, 19 February 2009 - 11:03 PM.

#10 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

Sure, okay. :thumbsup:

#11 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

Thank you very much for your help and patience with me =D

#12 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

You are welcome. Was the problem fixed?

#13 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

yes it is but now im trying to get it to play music but it only plays generic OS sounds so im going to be tinkering with the settings for a while

#14 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

got it =D had to route it to it instead of sound card (i think thats what i did) XD!!! thank you so much once again for the help!

#15 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

If you have any more issues, please post here on the topic.

Good luck, friend! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users