Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Antispyware 2009 et al

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 dfnkt

dfnkt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

Ok so this might be a strange request and I'm not sure if anyone can or will help me.

I am looking for anyone who knows where to actually find the executables of any of the latest rash of Antivirus / Antispyware apps that are fake such as MS Antispyware, Antivirus 2009, Antivirus 360. I have collected so far Spyguard 2008 and Perfect Defender 2009. I am looking to find these so that I can study them inside a virtual machine.

I have also searched for on various shady sites and tried to pickup the Vundo trojan which is linked to downloading several of these apps, also unsuccessfully. My clients get these daily and I spend 2 hours searching hitting every bad site I could think of with no antivirus / firewall to speak of and still can't seem to get infected.

Thanks for anyone that might be able to e-mail or send me in the right direction. I am not looking for a link to be posted here, that would be a danger to others who are unfamiliar with these programs.

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

Well I certainly read your topic wrong...

Just look for crackz, warez, and other illegal site and you are sure to catch infections.

Past that, we cannot start a thread on how to become infected - for good or bad use. Sorry.

For the record, I am removing my original topic - on cleaning - and one other on a location to become infected. If you have any questions, please PM me.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users