Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access Secure Sites Vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tromply

tromply

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

I've spent the last couple of hours utterly confused as to why my computer just suddenly stopped working like it should. I, like the other topic similar to mine, cannot access any Secure websites (such as hotmail, paypal, my College website, my page on Ebay, ect). I've tried reinstalling the browsers (this happens both on Firefox and IE7), reinstalling my BIOS, installed and used winsockxpfix, and pretty much everything but throw the computer out the window. I've searched high and low on Google, without any luck.
From what I can tell, from the last topic, I have an identical issue as celloz and divingbuddy, only their solutions aren't working for me.
It isn't my router, as my roommate uses the same one without any issues.

Please help. I'm dying. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just a few more helpful insights. I am using XP SP2

this is my error:
Data Transfer Interrupted

The connection to ********.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The browser connected successfully, but the connection was interrupted while transferring information. Please try again.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

Edited by tromply, 18 February 2009 - 10:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CW1

CW1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:37 AM

I'm getting this exact message too... can anyone help?
I've tried everything in all the previous topics!

Thanks

Edited by CW1, 19 February 2009 - 08:50 AM.

#3 beets

beets

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

I've by passed explorer and went to Kproxy web site(private server) to get thru. Lot a pop ups but helped me for an absolute must get thru.

Edited by beets, 19 February 2009 - 12:47 PM.

#4 tromply

tromply
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

So if that works, what is it doing to get through the problem?

#5 beets

beets

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

I've nailed it down to either DNS isn't working or different script/expired. Had the site re-ping me and still coundn't connect. Getting a laptop(different computer) and hooking it to my line and see if it's my computer or connection.

#6 tromply

tromply
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

I tried re-intalling Firefox without any success. I then went through CCleaner and uninstalled Firefox completely. Once I did that, I went onto IE7 and it worked. So, it must have been something with Firefox and the registry. Once I reinstalled the newest version of Firefox, it all worked.
I really wish I knew why.
At least it is all back :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users