Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer running hot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 neil_bird

neil_bird

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:57 PM

What can I do to keep my computer from running so hot all the time. Can I close some running programs. I will take a snapshot of my screen and post it with this message.
Neil

(Mod edit: moved to appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 02 June 2005 - 11:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:46 PM

When is the last time you took the cover off & used compressed air (only use compressed air made for electronic equipment) Make sure the CPU fan is dust free & also the case fan & power supply fan. 1 word of caution......... when using compressed air to clean the fans be sure to not let them spin with the air burst because if you let them spin to fast you will burn out the fan bearings, HTH
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:50 PM

Dear neil,

Cleaning the computer is advised but be careful.

How long have you had the computer?

How do you know your computer is getting hot?

Have you added anything to your computer lately?

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#4 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:21 PM

A little more info would help, Do u no ur mother board type? if so download " Mother board monitor " ( MMB ) i think this is the home page " http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ "

Also could try "SiSoftware Sandra 2002 " (you dont need to no anything like your mother board type 4 this 1 " http://www.sisoftware.net/ "

Both of these will tell you ur CPU and Case temp, ( sandra 2002 may have the CPU and Case temp around the wrong way. did 4 me )

Also clean out any dust from the fans, And depending on how many u have maby add another 1 or to 2. Also were is your computer sitting? Does it have good room around the case fans, they r not up against a wall or anything.

If you have to open ur case, im just quessing you no about anti-static protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users