Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really Need Installation Illustrations

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

I could really use some Illustrations for the interior of my Compaq Presario 4403US,

I got tired of searching and am hoping someone here might know where I can find these, at this time I am looking for the interior rear panel that will show the card slots, modem, etc.

I could use any you might be able to refer me to.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

BTW, . . .

I am trying to figure out if I have, "on-board" sound, an, "integrated" sound card, or both.

Will appreciate your help.

Here's the information;

This is a drawing of what my PC looks like.
Posted Image

These are illustration depicting and describing PC that are suppose to be models similar to mine.

Posted Image

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

Given this list of Drivers --- http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...;product=248067

Its quite likely you've got onboard sound. If you bought it from the manufacturer new and haven't upgraded it, then you've definitely got integrated.

To make sure, tell us where you plug in your sound. If its into one of the expansion slots lower on your computer, its a separate card, if its higher around your USB/ PS2 / monitor ports, then its an integrated sound route through your motherboard.

Edited by Vaerli, 18 February 2009 - 09:24 PM.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

if its your personal computer why dont you just look? those illustrations are simple enough. Just pop the panel off if theres a card hanging out from the motherboard at a 90 degree angle that you plug your speaker into then you have a regular sound card, if not and the ports are conncted to the motherboard then their integrated. I dont want to be rude, and Im not trying to be here, but I fail to see why you posted this question. You basically answered it yourself in your second post, those illustrations show the difference between integrated sound and a card. just look back there and see what u got. if your wanting to add hardware, then you dont need to know what it looks like you need to know what kind of expansion ports you have so you know what to put into them. like PCI slots. if you have 3 PCI slots, and one of them is taken by say, a sound card, and you used to have a network card but it was removed, and you want to add another PCI network card, it does not have to go in the exact same spot as the old one-any empty PCI slot will do.

Edited by the_patriot09, 18 February 2009 - 09:29 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

If your speaker jacks come out of that "backplane" that shares space for your other hookups (keyboard/mouse/usb etc), then you have onboard sound.

If your jacks come out of one of the horozontal slots in the rear of the case, it is an add-on card.

Edited by dpunisher, 18 February 2009 - 09:54 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

Just prior to reading your post I did take off the cover and can now see that the speaker plugs into the motherboard, and am now aware that I have, "integrated sound".

I simply was fixed on looking for cards or anything that looked like a card, seeing two cards one being the modem, the other was the one I thought may be the sound card. Only problem was it wasn't figuring, I guess it helps if you know what your looking at. In any case, going by Compaqs illustrations I wouldn't have figured it out until I began to read the descriptions of the integrated sound.

So there you go!

But hey, thanks anyway !

Edited by Jove, 18 February 2009 - 09:54 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#7 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

This is a drawing of what my PC looks like.
You can see where the speaker jack goes here, neither of
Compaqs Illustrations depict my PC.
I am not sure what you mean when you are saying;

If your speaker jacks come out of that "backplane" that shares space for your other hookups (keyboard/mouse/usb etc), then you have onboard sound.

I see what you mean, . .No that mouse and key board are above that !

I am now understanding and seeing that it is integrated sound .

Posted Image

Edited by Jove, 18 February 2009 - 10:01 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#8 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:05 PM

BTW !

Configuring On-board Audio in the BIOS
Some computers come with sound on the motherboard (on-board audio), some come with a sound card, and some come with both on-board and a sound card.
The on-board audio setting in the BIOS must be set to match your particular audio hardware configuration. Perform one of the following sets of steps depending on whether you want to reset the BIOS to its factory default settings or only adjust the on-board sound setting

No chance, right ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#9 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

that is because, the vast majority, probably like 95% of all motherboards out there have integrated sound of some sort or another, and the computer manufacturers order the motherboards from the most cost effective manufacturer they can get them from (cost effective basically) and they pretty much all have integrated sound these days. Now the computers with an added sound card is because they threw in a better sound card for a higher cost. My custom computer has an integrated card, and i have several aftermarket cards laying around but their all old so I didnt put them in my machine since the integrated is better. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#10 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:20 AM

Actually, i doubt you could find a motherboard without integrated sound. Its hard to come by unless you're running on 15 year old hardware.

The only reason for better sound cards are if your integrated sound is stupid and doesn't work, or you love sound and need it for a surround sound system, or you have the money and want better sound quality.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#11 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:27 AM

Thanks Vaerli, I am pretty much on the learn, and have at least a nine page thread going;

Software > Audio and Video-wo HD's=1 Slave + 1 OS= OSHD No Audio, Is There A Way to ...

But I am thinking I may be catching up on this, its been a real lesson, so I guess may be I might rate a PC intermediary when i finally get through this, but you know it would really be nice to have illustrations of different makes so I might find mine there, and it recently dawned on me, I'll get the camera out and file some photos to label and use for discussions,

Dah ! Why didn't I think of that before ?

Edited by Jove, 19 February 2009 - 01:29 AM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users