Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local pages raise security flags in IE & Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ken Meller

Ken Meller

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

I'm having a few issues that are causing me concern, in my paranoia I'm questioning everything that seems odd, here's one:

I keep a few of my own web pages on my hard-drive to use as a mini home-site. None of the pages contain anything more than straight html tags - no active components, no javascript not even CSS.

Whenever I open one of these (by setting one as a home page or by linking from one to another, IE7 and Firefox (with NoScript) both tell me that active scripts have been blocked on them.

Is this normal?

One of my concerns is that a virus could be trying to attach script to my plain old html.

Ken

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users