Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help im in trouble

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chad reed 22

chad reed 22

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

have the game star wars jedi knight 2 and i am unable to install it or uninstall it there is different words with string in it and setup.exe and it quits, also is will tell mee somthing about install directory and number that starts with 86ieb and tells me that it cant find

have an amd athlon 512 mb 1.5mgz pro ati radeo 9200 vid car i will list all the things that are wrong sorry for not really specifieing. When i tried to install it again all the things that ended in sting would pop up continuously and then just quit.

when i try to uninstall it, it says windows cannot find C/program files/Install shield installation information/{868lb1e6-cd96-46ef-ceod1085ed99-}/setup.exe try to do search to find it. i had the game installed till it didnt work then it just stopped. i deleted all the files of it to.

thanks to anyone who could help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 chad reed 22

chad reed 22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:59 AM

i cant reinstall it either

#3 computingelite

computingelite

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:03 PM

just remove it manually?

#4 chad reed 22

chad reed 22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

how would u do that because i have no clue.

Edited by chad reed 22, 03 June 2005 - 05:57 PM.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:42 PM

Are you completely sure you got ALL the files deleted? There may be a widow somewhere that is causing this problem. If you could post the EXACT error messages you are getting and what you are doing at the time, it might help someone figure out the problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 chad reed 22

chad reed 22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:41 PM

the only thing that i can get now is

windows cannot find C/program files/Install shield installation information/{868lb1e6-cd96-46ef-ceod1085ed99-}/setup.exe try to do search to find it.

after i deleted all the files i think, that all that shows up.
where could i search for files if not, i looked in program files there nothing left there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users