Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer has recovered from a serious error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cmalear

cmalear

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

Back in December, seems shortly after installing Windows Service Pack 3, my computer began randomly restarting and once rebooted, reports that the "system has recovered from a serious error". It seems to do this more when not in use (just left on), but has happened while I'm using it too. The minidump files that I've been able to examine seem to always have around 45 unloaded module entries, with the last 20 or so back and forth between the LVUSBSta.sys and USBD.sys files. This leads me to believe these are the files causing the problem. I'm not savvy with dump files so I'm not quite sure what all that means. I see that LVUSBSta.sys appears to be a Logitech driver that some say causes problems, but I've had the same Llogitech webcam connected to this computer for years now. It also appears that this file also has something to do with the computer audio and many of my restarts happen while music is playing. Any help or ideas before I screw things up worse? Thanks.
Chad Malear

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

FWIW: Data on lvusbsta.sys file, http://www.file.net/process/lvusbsta.sys.html

One solution to similar situation: http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/...thread.id=33071

Louis

#3 cmalear

cmalear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. After deciding the problem was probably related to the Logitech webcam, I searched the software updates in windows update and found an update for the software for the camera. I'll post again if this does not resolve the problem.
Chad Malear

#4 cmalear

cmalear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:47 AM

The problem came up again. This time I've decided to uninstall the logitech webcam and drivers and have not seen the problem again yet. I did a Windows Live online scan though and it found the following (see attachment) that could not be cleaned. Any suggestions as to how to clean this up. Thanks.

Attached Files

Chad Malear

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

It seems that Avira Free will take care of it, http://www.avira.com/en/threats/section/de..._psyme.gen.html

From looking at your graphic, it appears that it's already quarantined by your Symantec application. All you have to do to remove it from quarantine is to delete it, using NAV controls.

Some malware scanners will pick up items which have been quarantined (rendered harmless) by other malware-defense programs.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 24 February 2009 - 11:47 AM.

#6 cmalear

cmalear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

Stop Error has returned. Here is the minidump. Which item (unloaded module) appears to be causing the problem, top or bottom or all? Sfloppy.sys and kmixer.sys are at the top and bottom of previous minidumps as well. Any suggestions as to where else I could also post this information. Thanks.

Attached Files

Chad Malear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users