Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8's name?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

What do you think will Microsoft name the next OS after Win7? Windows Infinity? Windows Cycle? Windows Forever? Or just Windows 8 (because Microsoft got tired of naming their OSes with years or cool-looking names)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Microsoft Doors.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

From what I have read it will be named "Windows Pain".

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

I kinda like Rigel Platinum :thumbsup:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

Um...why are we even thinking about this now??? Can we at least wait until Windows 7 comes out? :thumbsup: To be honest, this sounds like a scenario from the old Dilbert cartoon that ran for 2 seasons: "The name is the most important part of the project." :trumpet:

Then again, I'm not an early adopter (still using XP), so what do I know? And, way to be cute, rigel...I'd buy it. :flowers:

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

Gives us something to do, I guess? :thumbsup:

I'm also using XP since some of my programs probably won't run on Vista, nor do I want to risk it......let alone that, despite that it says it's Vista compatable, the computer isn't powerful enough to handle both Vista and some of my resource heavy programs that I have on here *coughcough3dsmaxandphotoshopcoughcough*

Edited by scff249, 18 February 2009 - 10:24 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#7 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:24 PM

Broken Window :D
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

Linux
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

lol at boopme no I was thinking more along the lines of Microsoft CRASH! the ONLY documented Virus that you may good money for. . .

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#10 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:53 AM

Posted Image
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#11 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

Linux

Hahah! It just might!
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#12 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

Failure v8.0?

Posted Image

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

? Bill ?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Windows Gates? :thumbsup:

Edited by scff249, 19 February 2009 - 08:12 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users