Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

power saving mode and wont boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 seahawk12

seahawk12

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

I have an '04 Gateway 504GR with a gateway monitor. I tried looking through some topics, but couldn't find anything for a computer that wont boot. Well it all started when I was playing a typing game which I downloaded on the same day. At first it would not load in the E: drive then tried the F: drive and it worked. Oh toward the end of '07 had the motherboard and power box replaced. Anyway I was on typing program when computer turned off to power saving mode. I was able to reboot computer after unplugging and checking everything. After I decided to defrag(I think that's what it's called) the computer with the help of a friend, when I came back it was back to power saving mode and can't boot at all. The only thing that happens is that the fan turns on for a second and there is a flash of yellow light underneath power button. The monitor is also on a yellow light and when I unplug it from the computer it will changes to blue and asks to check for signal. Any suggestions? Or is my computer dead? Any way to at least get it to boot up?

Mo

Edited by seahawk12, 18 February 2009 - 06:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users