Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nod32 not in Notification bar....?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scouse6

scouse6

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Win Xp
Sp3

Not sure if this is a security issue or an Xp issues. Sorry if its in the wrong forum.

Nod32 has always shown in the bottom right (notification bar I think its called), but it is'nt there any more.But I can go into start/all programs and it shows it as running, no problems. How do I get it back to the notification bar....?????? Its easier to monitor if its in view.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:13 PM

If you click on the blue dot with the arrow ( < ) inside down by the clock does the icon appear when it is expanded?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 scouse6

scouse6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:25 PM

If you click on the blue dot with the arrow ( < ) inside down by the clock does the icon appear when it is expanded?

dc3,

ty for the quick reply.There is no blue dot with an arrow ,the other icons are all in view.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

If you go down and right click just to the right of the clock a menu should open, click on Customize Notifications, another menu will appear with a list of your items for notification, to the right of these it should list either hide when inactive or always show. Find Nod32 and double click on hide when inactive and click on always show.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 scouse6

scouse6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

dc3

Customize Notifications is not accessable it is greyed out....???

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

Have you run any scans for infections?

#7 scouse6

scouse6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

dc3,

no but I have just restarted my comp , and the Nod32 is now there.But, now I'm wondering why Customize Notifications is greyed out...???

Wonderful things comp, we get something working and something else pops up...!!! Is this why they are so addictive...?? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users