Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

30 day activation period cut short

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AngellettiNJ

AngellettiNJ

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

hi there folks...
i recently aquired a throw away desktop from my girlfriends office..reinstalled windows...installed a bunch of my software...and pretty much just made it my owne...i was waiting on a code to activate windows when an itunes glic crashed my comp n network last night..it threw my date and time off and when i reset it..the 11 days i had left to obtain an activation code turned to zero...i tried moving my computers dateback in bios with no luck...i cant get into windows n i have no codes...ne help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:15 PM

When you try to boot XP a page should open with Let's Activate Windows at the top. There should be three options, Yes, let's activate Windows now over the Internet, Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows, and you have already precluded the other option. Once you have a valid product code click on the option that you wish to use and it should prompt you through the process.

Where are you getting the product code from?

Edited by dc3, 18 February 2009 - 01:26 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 AngellettiNJ

AngellettiNJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

planned on just finding a product key online or maybe getting on the phone w microsoft...but my grace period was cut short by 13 days...now i'm clueless

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

Most retail computers have the product code on a sticker somewhere on the external case.

You can download SIW which will show you the product code if the copy of Windows is legitimate. In the column to the left under Software find Licenses and click on it, in the pane to the right your product code should appear, they refer to it as Windows Key. Most all retail computers has a sticker on the case which includes the product code. What is the make and model of this computer?

If you can't find this through normal means then we will have to assume that the copy of Windows is not recognized as a genuine copy, any further help to obtain a product code through other means will not be legal and thus will be against our forum rules.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 AngellettiNJ

AngellettiNJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

see...i would love to download the siw but im locked out because of the lack of an activation code...its a dell poweredge 400sc...i'm thimking because i reinstalled a different xp os i might be in a jam

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

Now you tell us, was this a legal copy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users