Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD Drive Disk Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fett 1138

Fett 1138

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

I have an HP Compaq tower with Windows XP Pro that I bought from computer store on eBay. At first at function smoothly, then I ran into some issues.

Whenever I put an older CD (for windows 98 or below) in the drive and then remove it, the icon and name for it stay and if I put a new dick in it and try to open it this the "select program dialog" (below) pops up.

Next is that whenever I try to write or burn a CD it won't burn in the Windows CD Writing Wizard it says "Please insert writable CD" or something like that. If I use my CD writing program it says "Writing the first track... Verifying... (then states that it could not find all the files on the disk)'

I don't know how to fix it, I could use some help.

Attached File  CDErrorMessage.jpeg   85.85KB   31 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

I personally wouldnt bother trying to repair that, i would get a new lightscribe drive that supports DVD writing also. They are so cheap now a days, you can get a good x52,x48,x52 dvd/cd burner for about 35 bucks.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 Fett 1138

Fett 1138
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:39 PM

I bought a new CD/DVD Drive which eliminated the disk burning/writing issue, but still, when I remove a disk from it, the drive name is still the disk name until I reboot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users