Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

languages best for games

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:21 AM

I just wanna start making some games either browser based or executables, i dont really care which until i've learned more of what it takes. i have experience in c and very limited in pascal (making autoruns), and was wandering what language would be best and if theres any good tutorials out there
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

also i was considering trying to write some apps for iphone, but would be pretty hard since i dont have one to test them on at the moment. is there any other way to test them?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

dont have one to test them on at the moment. is there any other way to test them

Probably. For instance, Visual Studio has an SDK that is used to emulate a mobile phone. I would expect that something like that exists for Iphones also.

wandering what language would be best and if theres any good tutorials out there

Did you try the search feature of the forums here? This question has been asked and answered dozens of times.

#4 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:41 AM

k sorry, im not exactly a reg here

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

Sorry. I forgot to throw this --> :thumbsup: in there.

All forums have a built in search feature, and with 450+ posts over the last 4 years, I would consider that pretty regular.

#6 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

my last off topic comment, those are mostly from speak easy, but thanks groov, ill do more searching in the future before i post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users