Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start up problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vin Craysin

Vin Craysin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:22 AM

Hi my desktop was perfectly working last sunday then a day after that my mom said that the pc sudenly opened then keeps on starting up then it retarts again after about 3 seconds i dont know what caused the problem it wont even reach to the part where windows is starting up( the one with the moving bar under the logo) im using:

Acer Aspire T300
2.66 Ghz
1.5 gig RAM
ATI video 512 mb( sorry i dont know the product number)
40 gig HD(drive C)
80 gig HD (drive D)

i have windows professional SP3 and i'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 i have a copy of windows cd(professional) buy when i try to put it in the cd rom then i turn on the pc it wont boot from cd i'm out of ideas any help will be highly appreciated. Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:23 AM

You may have to go into the BIOS and change the boot order so that the CD-ROM is the first device, make the hdd the second device.

You don't mention what you are going to do with the CD, may I suggest that you use the Recovery Console to run chkdsk.

To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the]Recovery Console.

4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER.

6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Vin Craysin

Vin Craysin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:04 AM

i suspect that it is a hardware failure i removed all of the accesories of the computer and put back the connections but now i get a steady beeping sound. Also i cant do what you sudgested it wont boot up before i opens it up at around two seconds I get 3 beep sounds then it restarts. Please guide me on how to repair this i need the computer badly Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users