Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:23 AM
You may have to go into the BIOS and change the boot order so that the CD-ROM is the first device, make the hdd the second device.
You don't mention what you are going to do with the CD, may I suggest that you use the Recovery Console to run chkdsk.
To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the]Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER.
6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life. You never know when one will leave you.