Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox and IE Stop Loading Web Pages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HurtHorseZ28

HurtHorseZ28

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:03 AM

I am currently running Windows Vista Home 32-bit. 3MB RAM, Core2Duo processor, etc. I am connected to cable internet through a router. There are two computers connected to the router. My wife's computer and mine as well as the Wii. She has not had any connection issues.

I will start my computer normally and be surfing the net using Firefox. After an unspecified (it varies every time) the web pages will stop loading. Sometimes this will be 5 minutes, sometimes a half hour, other times an hour. The icon will keep spinning, but they will stop loading. They never go to the "this page can not be displayed" page. I will then close Firefox. When I attempt to open the browser again, I get a message that Firefox is already running and that I need to end the process. Attempts to end the process in the task manager are unsuccessful. It won't close. Sometimes I click on IE and have the same issue, other times IE will work, but eventually stop loading pages just like Firefox. My network icon shows that I am connected to the network and the diagnose and repair feature finds no problems. I've run scans with AVG, AdAware and Spybot and they've turned up clean. I use an email client to connect to my work email and that connects to the internet without issue when Firefox and IE are not working.

The problem is always rectified with a restart of the computer.

Thanks,
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AC Valentine

AC Valentine

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:35 AM

I am currently running Windows Vista Home 32-bit. 3MB RAM, Core2Duo processor, etc. I am connected to cable internet through a router. There are two computers connected to the router. My wife's computer and mine as well as the Wii. She has not had any connection issues.

I will start my computer normally and be surfing the net using Firefox. After an unspecified (it varies every time) the web pages will stop loading. Sometimes this will be 5 minutes, sometimes a half hour, other times an hour. The icon will keep spinning, but they will stop loading. They never go to the "this page can not be displayed" page. I will then close Firefox. When I attempt to open the browser again, I get a message that Firefox is already running and that I need to end the process. Attempts to end the process in the task manager are unsuccessful. It won't close. Sometimes I click on IE and have the same issue, other times IE will work, but eventually stop loading pages just like Firefox. My network icon shows that I am connected to the network and the diagnose and repair feature finds no problems. I've run scans with AVG, AdAware and Spybot and they've turned up clean. I use an email client to connect to my work email and that connects to the internet without issue when Firefox and IE are not working.

The problem is always rectified with a restart of the computer.

Thanks,
Mike

I have been suffering from exactly the same problem... :thumbsup:

#3 HurtHorseZ28

HurtHorseZ28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

I almost wanted to say that this happened around the time that I upgraded to Adaware's newest edition. At that time, "Prevalence Reporter" wanted to access the Internet (I run ZoneAlarm). I allowed it, but then I started having the connection issue. In uninstalled Adaware, but the Prevalence Reporter will still try to access the Internet.

I am not sure if this is related to my problem or a coincidence.

#4 HurtHorseZ28

HurtHorseZ28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

Any ideas on this? I had a topic up before in another section and it got deleted because I didn't respond in 3 days. It's been a week since I've heard anything on this. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users