Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtumonde infection

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gala

Gala

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:40 PM

Hi, I've posted a while ago, here's a recap, I ran hijackthis, S&D, Avira, AdAware, SpywareBlaster, SuperAntiSpyware TrojanREmover and pretty much every free software available. Adaware keeps finding it, but can't take it out. The computer used to slow down a lot, right now its ok, but I'm still getting popups even thought firewall and everything else is on.... although the pages are white, shows the addresses but no content. From time to time it says its run out of virtual memory. There's a lot of crap running on startup, I've gone in to stop some manually, so that helped the slowing down problem .But there's still unnecessary stuff running.

Tried 4 or 5 top leading Virtu Monde removers, they don't even detect it, let alone fix it. My registry won't let me restart to an earlier checkpoint. I can't backup my whole computer b/c I'm having problems with the suggested software on this site. So Someone told me to run DrWebit and post the log here. I would VERY much appreciate anyhelp!

The log is VERY long, it's not letting me paste, is there a way to attach the whole thing or is only one part of it necessary?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Run a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode and post the log.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Gala

Gala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

for some reason its not letting me do safemode, i tried a couple of times....won't the drwebit log work? it found around 5 infections

it lets me press f8, and then select Safe mode, but at the next window it freezes , then it finally let me pick windows xp media center edition over Microsoft windows recovery console, it went to a blue screen, then back to the same options and froze....

Edited by Gala, 22 February 2009 - 07:54 PM.

#4 Gala

Gala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

ok now it wont even start, it's stuck on the black screen "Please select the operating system to start" and won't let me select anything can someone help PLEASE

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 Gala

Gala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

i don't have the cd, I can get it tomorrow, I did HP recovery. Some minor programs dont work, but at least all the files are there. It still wont start normally or let me go to safe mode, ive tried making 2 boot cds they dont work. But it only let me do F10 for the restore, and then somehow from there it started normally. otherwise i had to turn on /shut down manually 3 or 4 times for it to even allow the f10 (hope this makes sense!)

Right now im going to keep it on for a while and do any sort of fix i can before trying to restart it. Right now scanning with Kaspersky, Superantispyware wont run or let me reinstall without a restart and im afraid to. Any ideas on fixing disk errors that would take care of the startup? (something not too advanced pls)

oh the screen randomly flickers or goes black, until i tap the windows button. this is driving me nuts

and thank you very much for reading and trying to help

Edited by Gala, 22 February 2009 - 11:27 PM.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

You can try this - but it will require a restart.

Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After itís finished it will restart into Windows automatically.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users