Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google files and folders--Should I delete them?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -KiKi-

-KiKi-

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:37 PM

I've seen several people on this forum complain about having Google viruses and issues. So I got curious and decided to do a search on my hard drive to check and see if I still had anything related to Google saved on my hard drive. When I first purchased my laptop, there was a Google desktop installed, but I un-installed it because I choose to use a different toolbar instead.

So after I did the search on my hard drive for anything Google-related, a bunch of Google folders came up in the list. I even see several Google desktop and Google toolbar folders, even though I un-installed that during the summer when I first received my laptop.

Why are all these Google files and folders still on my hard drive? Are they there for a reason? Do I need to keep them there or is it safe to remove them? What would happen if I delete them? Here's a screen cap of the list of Google files and folders that came up in the search below...

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

Using the Add or Remove Programs may not always remove all traces of certain application, and that is what this looks like. You can try right clicking of these and delete them, you may need to boot into Safe Mode in order to delete these. These will be sent to the Recycle Bin, to totally remove these you will need to delete them from the Recycle Bin.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users