Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(Near)Instant Log Off

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kenzen

Kenzen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

I am currently experiencing a problem with my Windows XP computer; whenever I try to log into my account, I get logged out only seconds later. The furthest I have gotten to being fully logged in was seeing my desktop background for a very brief moment.

I have tried logging in normally, along with trying to use Safe Mode to log into my account and the generic Admin account that is available upon using that mode.

For what it matters I just rid my computer of the nasty Spyware Protect 2009 yesterday, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

So I'm wondering what can I do to fix this problem. Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thelittlegenius

thelittlegenius

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

it can be the userinit.exe. do you have a virus called BlazeFind? There is a tool from symantec to remove it.

#3 Kenzen

Kenzen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

Well to be honest about it: I don't know if I have that virus or not; I don't believe so because I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware before I logged off my computer last night and it came up clean.

I'm curious as to what I can do without being logged into my computer that could possibly solve this problem, like at the setup menu(Where you can go into the various modes [Safe, Safe with CMD Prompt, etc.])

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Kenzen

Kenzen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

So, I tried doing this process and upon first getting to the point were it was going along and recovering stuff it got up to 75% and then it would suddenly get booted down to 50%. But I was being persistant with it and I didn't turn it off, just hoping for the best.
Well evidently my persistance worked out and it got to 100% right after getting to 75% for the third time. But irony seems to have struck and evidently this didn't solve the problem, I logged in and saw my backround and felt some sense of joy that I've been missing for the last week, but that was soon lost as that went away and was replaced by the log in screen telling me I was logging out.
I'm hoping that there is a solution to this issue aside purging my hard drive and enjoying that wonderful experience.

But thank you for trying to help out with that solution, its quite appricated.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

Try selecting "Last known good configuration" from the Safe Mode menu.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 Kenzen

Kenzen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

So just tried doing Last Known Good Configuration after I just went through the recovery thing again. Nothing still =/

Thank you for your very swift replies with this issue though.

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

A repair install should fix it:

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 Kenzen

Kenzen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

Well that has definitly solved the problem now. Logged in and hitting my computer and external hard drive with a scan from Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and definitly going to be purchasing the pro version of it.

That you very much in your helpfulness and your very swift replies.

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

You're welcome :thumbsup:

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users