Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I might be infected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sanddevil

sanddevil

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

Hi!

I'm not sure how long this has been going on (I can only assume a couple of days, when I "borrowed" a neighbor's wireless internet access), but I only found out today when I switched to a new company with a strict firewall. I attempt to access the internet using their network (wired AND wireless) and I am blocked because my computer has been redirected from their DNS server to the following IP address:

Norton antivirus finds nothing. A google websearch seems to think that this bears the hallmarks of a virus. Could anyone help me?

btw... I'm using vista 32-bit

Edited by sanddevil, 17 February 2009 - 04:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Sorry im not really an expert in this sort of thing but I recommend you download (using a secure encrypted internet connection) MBAM from the site http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-...4-10804572.html (100% safe) install it and then run an update. After that disconnect from the internet run a full system scan and post the log onto this topic. Hopefully it will kill any malware you have on your computer (that's if you have any). What I think might of happend is because you "borrow" your neighbours internet - im guessing it didn't have a password - someone could have potentially installed some crap onto your computer. I'll say this again im NOT an expert in this sort of stuff but yes the MBAM log will probably help a person who familiar with DNS related issues :thumbsup:

Edited by Skydie, 17 February 2009 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users