Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT Class

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

I was just wondering, how do you enter the HJT class?

Do you guys know if there are some other class online also on other topics thatn HJT?

Cheers, Patbox
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

As I understand it, you must express your desire to become a HJT Trainee to our exalted and illustrius leader, Grinler (Help Wanted Thread.)

#3 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

Hi Patbox

For details please look here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86678/malware-removal-training-program/
Steve

#4 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

And HJT is the only training offered here if i get it right? Just a technical question, everybody who wish to study about HJT must later on actively participate on helping other users (like every day, or every second day) or can you study HJT Class and be less active with you contributions later on?

#5 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

Hi Patbox

I am not really in a position to answer your last two questions. I suggest you send a personal message to one of the HJT Team Coaches.
A list of them can be found here. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...rs_display_name
Steve

#6 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

I see you are in training yourself. Is the class difficult. How much do you need to learn and study? I it like 200 page, or 1000 pages, or 20 hours or 2000 hours to complete the course? How fast can it go? If you smart can you do it in 1 month? or 10 months?

#7 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hi

Is the class difficult.

I guess that all depends on the individual. The tutors realise that different people learn at different rates so you are allowed to study at your own pace.

How much do you need to learn and study?

The training is split into three parts. These are HJT Sophomore Classmen, HJT Junior Classmen and HJT Senior Classmen. It has taken me about 4 months to get where I am in the training program. Since the exercises get harder as you go on I have no idea how long it will take me to progress to the next stage and no idea what exercises await me when I get there.

If you smart can you do it in 1 month? or 10 months?

As stated previously the length of the learning experience is hard to qualify but it is something that is going to take a considerable length of time.
You also have to realise that different forms of malware are being discovered all the time so your learning experience will be ongoing.

Edited by SLIX, 17 February 2009 - 04:02 PM.

Steve

#8 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

Thank you so much for the information. :thumbsup: I think for the time being it is best that with regard to malware I realy on the help of you guys :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users