Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube and adobe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jftoday

jftoday

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

This is my second post today between this one and my last one I'm almost ready to shoot my computers and then myself.
I spent 8 hours yesterday trying to fix this problem. it started on my desktop and now is effecting my laptop as well. the problem has appearantly been around for quite some time and numerous people have had it. but all the fixes that everybody says should work haven't I've tried litterally everything I know to try in an attempt to fix this problem. Youtube says I either have Java script turned off or need an updated version of adobe flashplayer. In an attempt to keep this post as short as possible while still giving you enough info i'll give the condensed version of what I've done so far.

I've uninstalled everything that came from Adobe and reinstalled the latest version of Flashplayer, Reader and shockwave.

I've uninstalled with an adobe uninstaller and by going to add and remove programs I have also deleted all adobe files from all programs prior to the reinstall.

I've followed every suggestion as to how to ensure all java script is turned on.

I am running windows xp home edition sp3
I'm not sure what other info would be pertinant so if you think you can help but need more info let me know and I'll gladly give you whatever you need.
Thanks
Patrick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

What browser are you using? The usual solution is to uninstall Flash using the Flash Uninstall tool and then intstalling Flash 10. If you've already done that, then there's something else going on that will be difficult to diagnose. That it's happening on two computers is a tipoff that Flash isn't the problem since you have to install it on each computer individually.

#3 jftoday

jftoday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

On my desk top I have IE7 on my laptop I am using mainly IE7 but I also downloaded and installed Mozilla Firefox to see if that would make a difference but it hasn't I have used the adobe uninstall tool and reinstalled flash player 10. That is the fix that everybody has told me should work. It was also suggested that I run the stand-alone program for the flash player so i have tried that too. I'm sure you can see why I'm so frustrated. I'm not a computer expert but I'm not a beginner either. I'm thinking that there is something checked or not checked somewhere on my machine that may be causing the problem. On my desktop the problem started after reinstalling windows xp, my laptop however just stopped working all of the sudden. One day I was able to watch videos on YouTube and the next I was not.
My daughter copies the URL from YouTube vids and pastes them into a bulletin on MySpace to watch them and they run just fine

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:28 AM

Check your IE security settings. They might be too high.

#5 stupid2register

stupid2register

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:03 PM

I too have the same problem and have done everything they have said, and more. Still flash in FF. Same msg in FF, javascript turned off or old version. Neither is true. Works in Safari but I rarely use Safari, don't want to, and my d/l programs won't work in it either.

I've been going round and round with adobe since LAST JULY!!! Trying to get their "latest" flash to work. Installed, reinstalled, done all their little tricks over and over. Spent hours on this.

They want me to use that subinacl.exe BUT the MS site says it's for Professional edition, says nothing about XP Home, which is what I have. So there's no way I'm going to use it and take a chance. In fact, adobe has a dire warning on their site, that they are not responsible, blah, blah, blah.

Now what? YouTube is making changes and I will be SOL soon. Cannot make flash work in Firefox (latest). Get error message saying to "upgrade" to the "latest" which I already HAVE on the system. But FF doesn't recognize it somehow. I've spent untold hours on this already, perhaps cumulatively over three whole DAYS.

I need to be able to download from YT as well as watch. Have the FF extension installed, but that does not work if the video doesn't play!

Anybody have any help?

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

You did it again. Start your own topic. Have you tried this with IE?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users