Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What am I doing wrong?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jftoday

jftoday

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

I am trying to put videos/movies onto dvds for playback in my dvd player connected to my TV. I have not been successful. I can watch them on a computer but I can't get them to play in my dvd player. I get a message from the player that says: "playback feature may not be enabled on this disc" The videos/movies when I download them come in many different formats (AVI, MPEG, WMP and MOV) I use avs video converter to convert the video from whatever its format to a dvd format and then the converter automatically burns it to a dvd. as I said before I can then play the dvd in any computor but not on my home dvd player. i've ran numerous searches online to try and figure out the problem but from what I can tell I'm doing everything right. however Obviously i'm not. Can anybody help me with this problem. My parents fifteith wedding anniversary is coming up in Augusta and I am trying to make a video using windows movie maker but can't get the video to play in a dvd player on a TV.
Thanks in advance to anyone or everyone that can help me with this problem

Patrick

Edited by jftoday, 17 February 2009 - 12:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,652 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:05 AM

I had the same problem. I found out that my very cheap DVD player only recognised DVD-R type discs. When I bought my first package of blank DVDs I didn't know that and I mistakenly purchased DVD+R and they wouldn't work in my DVD player. Not a complete loss they can be used for file storage.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users