Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP Radeon 9250 PCI driver problems...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cartman257

cartman257

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:01 PM

ok so i had the card and driver installed perfectly fine a long time ago, i wanted to play a new game that came out (CoD4) and it said i needed a new one. so i went to the store and bought a new one not thinking that it wasn't PCI, it was PCI express.. so i took it back and got a PCI video card. installed it and everything. game still didn't work because the PCI drivers wont support it no matter what. so i took it back and tried to re-install my old card back in the computer. i didn't make a backup of the driver because i didn't think I'd need to. now even though i have the driver, when i plug the screen monitor cord into the video card slot it goes black and stays black, and when i put it back onto the motherboard slot its fine, its probably something really stupid. what am i doing wrong?

Regards,

Brendan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cartman257

cartman257
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

anyone have any advice?

#3 Wee

Wee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

Try a restore point and your old card should work again. A friend of mine had that happen to him after updating his video drivers, worked for him.....

#4 cartman257

cartman257
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

my computer doesn't have those, its a built comp. the guy have it removed so that viruses couldn't go in them

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

restore points come with the Operating system, its a built in security feature, only way to remove it is to mess with the registry, and if the person who built the computer did that he has no business working with computers and I would Definitly not buy one from him again.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Maybe check the BIOS to see if the video card is recognised.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 cartman257

cartman257
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:41 AM

Maybe check the BIOS to see if the video card is recognised.

how do i do that?

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:41 AM

I may be misunderstanding...but it sounds to me as if your onboard video works but the card doesn't.

I suggest removing the Radeon card...using the onboard video to boot and go into the BIOS...and then disable the onboard video. Save the BIOS changes (F10) and then the system will reboot.

Stop the system before it completely reboots...insert the Radeon card in the appropriate video card slot, ensuring that it's properly seated. Connect the monitor to the card. Reboot the system.

The system now should recognize the video card as the system video device and load the default XP drivers (low resolution). Once the system is up, you can download/install the appropriate drivers for the Radeon 9250.

Louis

#9 cartman257

cartman257
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

thank you SO much! i just dont know how to get into BIOS. lol

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

How to get into your computer's BIOS - http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/reinstall-...enter-BIOS.html

Background info that may be useful at some point: Howstuffworks How BIOS Works - http://computer.howstuffworks.com/bios.htm/printable

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users