Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help removing several Trojans

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eevie

Eevie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

Hello, you have a very informative site. I have discovered that I have some trojans on my computer and need help to remove them. I went thru everything on your malware page and I am still not sure what to do.

I am running Vista on my computer.

My computer was fine until Windows required two downloads yesterday. After the system rebooted, my computer acted strange. IE windows popped up and went to a site I have never been to. Also, after I closed out the IE windows and about five minutes later, I heard advertisements without being on a webpage. My antivirus program, Avira AntiVir Personal, detected two trojans:
TR/crypt.xpack.gen
RKIT/Agent.67584 root kit

Later, it also picked these up:
windows\temp\omvguyxp.exe
windows\system32\SHDOCVW.dll

Also, each time it opened up IE, the page was strange looking. None of the pictures/icons showed up anymore. Some of the icons no longer show on my computer either, such as on 'Help and Support'. It shows as a white box with a red square, green circle, and a blue triangle in it. I am currently using Firefox as my browser as it is not affected.

After my computer rebooted, I received a message from Windows Security Alerts saying it was not activated. It will not allow me to turn it on anymore. I get a message stating 'The Security Center service can't be started'. I am the only person that uses my computer and I run it as the Administrator.

I woke up to about 25 IE windows opened (I stopped counting by then). My antivirus did its normal update but the picture on the confirm screen was not there like it usually is (some on my computer are gone as stated above). Some of the sites the pages were showing were:
lemonyard.info
fixesmanual.info
impression.name
godirectshowroom.biz

I ran my virus scanner (Avira AntiVir Personal) again and it only picked up HIDDENEXT/Crypted this time. Also, yesterday I downloaded and performed scans on my computer from SuperAntiSpyware, HijackThis, & Malwarebytes' Anti Malware. I have the reports from them all downloaded on my desktop if you need them. I only did the scans, nothing more.

As I'm typing right now, IE keeps bringing up new windows, however, the voice advertisements have stopped.

I would appreciate any help you have in this matter,
Eevie

Edited by Eevie, 17 February 2009 - 11:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

Let's go with this procedure, try to follow it exactly

I would suggest downloading and updating anything you need first, then disconnect from the internet, then disable avira and teatimer, then running the scan and letting it fix anything it finds

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.34) and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/

reable avira before reconnecting to the internet and posting your MBAM log
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Eevie

Eevie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Hi Chewy, thank you for responding so quickly. Just to let you know, this file I'm putting on here was run yesterday when I did the virus scanning. Since then, I have gotten IE7 to finally show the icons. I noticed that some of my options were changed & I fixed that, however, IE7 is still randomly opening by itself & still goes to those odd websites. I'm not sure what teatimer is... I dont think I have it. If you need a more recent log, let me know & I will do that.

Here is the log you requested:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1765
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

2/16/2009 11:25:32 PM
mbam-log-2009-02-15 (23-25-32).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 55873
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 2 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 44
Registry Values Infected: 4
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 3
Files Infected: 8

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Windows\temp\winlognn.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\Program Files\iWin Games\iWinGamesHookIE.dll (Adware.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Windows\System32\uisd33faj387dd.dll (Adware.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d5bf4552-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cpbrkpie.coupon6ctrl.1 (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9522b3fb-7a2b-4646-8af6-36e7f593073c} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9522b3fb-7a2b-4646-8af6-36e7f593073c} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a85a5e6a-de2c-4f4e-99dc-f469df5a0eec} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{87255c51-cd7d-4506-b9ad-97606daf53f3} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{6e780f0b-bcd6-40cb-b2db-7af47ab4d4a4} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{a138be8b-f051-4802-9a3f-a750a6d862d4} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\iehlprobj.iehlprobj.1 (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{8ca5ed52-f3fb-4414-a105-2e3491156990} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8ca5ed52-f3fb-4414-a105-2e3491156990} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{495874fe-4a82-4ad1-9476-0b957e0b95eb} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{e3ed53c5-7ad5-4df5-9734-afb6e7e5d9db} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{2e9937fc-cf2f-4f56-af54-5a6a3dd375cc} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00a6faf1-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00a6faf1-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00a6faf6-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d5bf4552-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{d5bf4552-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{147a976f-eee1-4377-8ea7-4716e4cdd239} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a4730ebe-43a6-443e-9776-36915d323ad3} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{df780f87-ff2b-4df8-92d0-73db16a1543a} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{09f1adac-76d8-4d0f-99a5-5c907dadb988} (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{b64f4a7c-97c9-11da-8bde-f66bad1e3f3a} (Rogue.WinAntivirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07b18ea9-a523-4961-b6bb-170de4475cca} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07b18ea1-a523-4961-b6bb-170de4475cca} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07b18eab-a523-4961-b6bb-170de4475cca} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{25560540-9571-4d7b-9389-0f166788785a} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3dc201fb-e9c9-499c-a11f-23c360d7c3f8} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9ff05104-b030-46fc-94b8-81276e4e27df} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{59c7fc09-1c83-4648-b3e6-003d2bbc7481} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{68af847f-6e91-45dd-9b68-d6a12c30e5d7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{9170b96c-28d4-4626-8358-27e6caeef907} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{d1a71fa0-ff48-48dd-9b6d-7a13a3e42127} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{ddb1968e-ead6-40fd-8dae-ff14757f60c7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{f138d901-86f0-4383-99b6-9cdd406036da} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\RunDll32Policy\f3ScrCtr.dll (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FocusInteractive (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{d5bf4552-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\{00a6faf6-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lrijh8s73jhbfgfd (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lrijh8s73jhbfgfd (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowSearch (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools (Hijack.Regedit) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Windows\System32\uisd33faj387dd.dll (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Windows\CouponPrinter.ocx (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\iWin Games\iWinGamesHookIE.dll (Adware.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\System32\samsvc.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\temp\winlognn.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\seneka.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\senekaqyrrrtac.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 Eevie

Eevie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

Well, I just ran another scan EXACTLY the way you requested and it came up with nothing wrong. I am now running a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware and it has already come up with many trojans. Here is the most current log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1771
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

2/17/2009 1:48:45 PM
mbam-log-2009-02-17 (13-48-45).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 56547
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#5 Eevie

Eevie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

Finished with the SUPERAntiSpyware scan... Seems it shows I'm still infected. I do appreciate any help you can give me to fix my computer. Here's the log info:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 02/17/2009 at 02:01 PM

Application Version : 4.25.1012

Core Rules Database Version : 3759
Trace Rules Database Version: 1722

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 10:27:38

Memory items scanned : 703
Memory threats detected : 3
Registry items scanned : 7362
Registry threats detected : 85
File items scanned : 1318917
File threats detected : 15

Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WINLOGNN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WINLOGNN.EXE
[lrijh8s73jhbfgfd] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WINLOGNN.EXE

Trojan.Smitfraud Variant-Gen/Bensorty
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UISD33FAJ387DD.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UISD33FAJ387DD.DLL

Adware.IWinGames
C:\PROGRA~1\IWINGA~1\IWINGA~1.DLL
C:\PROGRA~1\IWINGA~1\IWINGA~1.DLL
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}
HKCR\CLSID\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}
HKCR\CLSID\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}
HKCR\CLSID\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
HKCR\CLSID\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}\ProgID
HKCR\CLSID\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}\Programmable
HKCR\CLSID\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}\VersionIndependentProgID
HKCR\IEHlprObj.IEHlprObj.1
HKCR\IEHlprObj.IEHlprObj.1\CLSID
HKCR\IEHlprObj.IEHlprObj
HKCR\IEHlprObj.IEHlprObj\CurVer
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}
HKU\S-1-5-21-4255756519-2289195563-2722883347-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990}
C:\PROGRAM FILES\IWIN GAMES\IWINGAMESHOOKIE.DLL

Adware.MyWebSearch
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{00A6FAF1-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D}
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}\Programmable
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MYWEBSEARCH\SRCHASTT\1.BIN\MWSSRCAS.DLL
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D}
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF6-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF6-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF6-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF6-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
HKCR\CLSID\{00A6FAF6-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}\Programmable
HKU\S-1-5-21-4255756519-2289195563-2722883347-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}
HKU\S-1-5-21-4255756519-2289195563-2722883347-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA}
HKU\S-1-5-21-4255756519-2289195563-2722883347-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA}
HKU\S-1-5-21-4255756519-2289195563-2722883347-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks#{00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D}

Adware.Vundo Variant
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}
HKCR\CLSID\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}
HKCR\CLSID\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}
HKCR\CLSID\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}#ThreadingModel
HKCR\CLSID\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}\InProcServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}\InProcServer32#ThreadingModel
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler#{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}
HKU\S-1-5-21-4255756519-2289195563-2722883347-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{D5BF4552-94F1-42BD-F434-3604812C807D}

Registry Cleaner Trial
HKCR\Install.Install
HKCR\Install.Install\CLSID
HKCR\Install.Install\CurVer
HKCR\Install.Install.1
HKCR\Install.Install.1\CLSID

Adware.MyWebSearch/FunWebProducts
HKLM\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts
HKLM\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts\Installer
HKLM\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts\Installer#Dir
HKLM\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts\Installer#CurInstall
HKLM\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts\Installer#sr
HKLM\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts\Installer#pl
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#pid
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#fwp
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#mwsask
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#Dir
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#esh
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#lsp
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#LastRequest
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#NextRequest
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#Id
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#CurInstall
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#sr
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch\SearchAssistant#pl
HKCR\CLSID\{147A976F-EEE1-4377-8EA7-4716E4CDD239}
HKCR\CLSID\{147A976F-EEE1-4377-8EA7-4716E4CDD239}\TreatAs
HKCR\CLSID\{9AFB8248-617F-460d-9366-D71CDEDA3179}
HKCR\CLSID\{9AFB8248-617F-460d-9366-D71CDEDA3179}\TreatAs
HKCR\CLSID\{A4730EBE-43A6-443e-9776-36915D323AD3}
HKCR\CLSID\{A4730EBE-43A6-443e-9776-36915D323AD3}\TreatAs
HKCR\Interface\{2E9937FC-CF2F-4F56-AF54-5A6A3DD375CC}
HKCR\Interface\{2E9937FC-CF2F-4F56-AF54-5A6A3DD375CC}\ProxyStubClsid
HKCR\Interface\{2E9937FC-CF2F-4F56-AF54-5A6A3DD375CC}\ProxyStubClsid32
HKCR\Interface\{2E9937FC-CF2F-4F56-AF54-5A6A3DD375CC}\TypeLib
HKCR\Interface\{2E9937FC-CF2F-4F56-AF54-5A6A3DD375CC}\TypeLib#Version
HKLM\Software\FocusInteractive
HKLM\Software\FocusInteractive\bar
HKLM\Software\FocusInteractive\bar\Switches
HKLM\Software\FocusInteractive\bar\Switches#mwsSrcAs.dll
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@ads.pointroll[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@atdmt[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@doubleclick[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@imrworldwide[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@overture[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@revsci[2].txt

#6 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

Vista makes it a little harder to run the ATFCleaner, look at the directions again, much of what SAS found would have been cleaned if it had worked properly

Some was just crudware but better off killed.

Many can be just broken remnants of the infection

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

Chewy

#7 Eevie

Eevie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:47 PM

Thanks Chewy... I'm running it now. I'll post when it is finished.

#8 Eevie

Eevie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:57 PM

Here is the log from the scan:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit Service Pack 1 (build 6001)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 22:48:44
Records in database: 1809779
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
Scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\

Scan statistics:
Files scanned: 209805
Threat name: 5
Infected objects: 5
Suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan: 02:31:06

File name / Threat name / Threats count
C:\Users\Eevie\Pictures\Virtual Fireworks\KeenValueInstall.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Perfnav.d 1
C:\Users\Eevie\Pictures\Virtual Fireworks\KeenValueInstall.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Keenval.l 1
C:\Users\Eevie\Pictures\Virtual Fireworks\KeenValueInstall.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Keenval.a 1
C:\Users\Eevie\Pictures\Virtual Fireworks\pwrsie_setup.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.PowerSearch.b 1
C:\Windows\System32\ConTest.dll Infected: not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.Ascentive.b 1

The selected area was scanned.

#9 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

See if you can manually delete those files

Show Hidden Folders/Files
  • Open My Computer.
  • Go to Tools > Folder Options.
  • Select the View tab.
  • Scroll down to Hidden files and folders.
  • Select Show hidden files and folders.
  • Uncheck (untick) Hide extensions of known file types.
  • Uncheck (untick) Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
  • Click Yes when prompted.
  • Click OK.
  • Close My Computer.

Chewy

#10 Eevie

Eevie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

Hi Chewy,

Ok, done.. what next?

Thanks again.

Edited by Eevie, 17 February 2009 - 09:19 PM.

#11 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

If no more signs of infection remain?

Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista Users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point and Disk Cleanup.
Chewy

#12 Eevie

Eevie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:31 AM

Hi Chewy,

Thank you for your help thus far. I ran another test from SuperAnti & Malwarebytes and neither came up with anything. I'm about to do another from Kaspersky to make sure.

The only other issue I'm still having is that my Windows Security Alert icon is still showing that it is not activated. The Security Center Service is still turned off. When I click on 'turn on now', it brings up a message 'The Security Center Service cannot be started'.

Can you also help with this?

Thank you so much!
Eevie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users