Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do you change your..

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:11 AM

and how do you subscribe to a topic? Sorry im a newbie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:34 AM

Hi,

You are a member once you have registered and activated your account.

To become an BC Advisor is not just a choice, to become an adviser you are hand picked by other BC Advisor's and Admin.
They will look at how you help other members of the site, the quality of your post, your attitude towards other members and how you handle any situations that may arise on threads......to name but a few.
This is something that wouldn't happen over night and if you look at the current advisors they have been here for a long time and constantly help out other members with a huge range of topics.

Moderators & Global Moderators are chosen in the same way but share more responsibility's as to keeping the boards in order, moving post to the correct location, policing the boards etc.

The Moderating Team

To become a member of the Hijackthis Team you have to go through the Malware Training Program; More Info Here.

Study Hall Admins & HJT Team Coaches are hand picked much the same way as BC Advisors & Moderators to run the Study Hall.

How to subscribe to a topic.

Also have a look through the New User Orientation Center

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Edited by Emu1616, 17 February 2009 - 07:40 AM.

~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 Gstick

Gstick

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

I have another question, what about titles like "Forum Addict" or "Bona-Belle [something like that] Forum Addict"? Are those earned as well?

Thanks in advance.

"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information."

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

I have another question, what about titles like "Forum Addict" or "Bona-Belle [something like that] Forum Addict"? Are those earned as well?

Thanks in advance.

These will indeed be earned as you spend time on the forum. I won't say exactly how so as people will not....shall i say 'cheat' to get them.
~ E-Mu ~

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

I will indulge the question of how you can have a 'Custom Member Title'. Certain staff are permitted to choose custom titles. As well as members who have accumulated 1000 posts or more. Posting in the games forum does not add post count. However as Emu1616, has stated posting just to gain post count is highly frowned upon. Trust me when I say, the staff can tell when people post for the sake of running up post their counts. And we have ways of correcting superfluous post count. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

Plus, as I once found out eons ago, custom titles which incorporate the term "Bleepin'", "Bleeping", or similar (like mine that say's "Bleepin' Night Watchman" or Animal's which says "Bleepin' Animin" are generally reserved for members of the staff. Before I became an Advisor, I tried using "Bleepin' Night Watchman" and got tasered by a ModPosted Image.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 17 February 2009 - 02:27 PM.

#7 Gstick

Gstick

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks everyone, it should only be a few more years!

#8 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks everyone, it should only be a few more years!

Just help out where and when you can and you'll soon get there :trumpet: + it's not a race.

I try to concentrate on my post quality rather than the post count, no point having 100x rubbish posts, it's better to have only 10x quality posts :flowers:

Edited by Emu1616, 17 February 2009 - 04:32 PM.

~ E-Mu ~

#9 Gstick

Gstick

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

Of course! :flowers: Some members just don't have the time to post so much :thumbsup: . Many thanks again!

#10 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

Plus, as I once found out eons ago, custom titles which incorporate the term "Bleepin'", "Bleeping", or similar (like mine that say's "Bleepin' Night Watchman" or Animal's which says "Bleepin' Animin" are generally reserved for members of the staff. Before I became an Advisor, I tried using "Bleepin' Night Watchman" and got tasered by a ModPosted Image.

So,

I can't change mine to

"Who is running the Bleepin' Store?"?

:thumbsup:

Edited by JohnWho, 17 February 2009 - 05:34 PM.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

So,

I can't change mine to

:flowers:

Posted Image Does that answer your question? :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

AWW MAN! That means I can't be a Bleepin' Lurker! :thumbsup:

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#13 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

Of course! Some members just don't have the time to post so much .

It could be worse. >>>Warning<<< This forum does come with risks. (Shhh the admins do NOT want this in public)...

After extended exposures to BC, one becomes attached. It is a complex addiction to the content, and people on the forum. Reports have come from around the world of members having certain amino acids linked to knubby fingers caused by excessive typing. Some members have in fact, laughed their .... butts off from the humor found in these pages. BC has also been named in divorce lawsuits. Member spouses are regularly becoming BC widows/ers - similar to football widows during that time of year - Lions fans exempt.

So please ... please be careful. BleepingComputer... not just a forum... a way of life.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#14 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

Thanks in advance.

Bona-Belle sounds interesting, but I think for now I'll stick with what I have (I changed it from Official Bama Belle Forum Addict). The forum addict is there simply because I couldn't think of anything to replace it with.
As for the post count, I rarely pay attention to mine. I don't know how long after I had 1000 posts showing before I actually noticed it.

BINGO!!! After re-reading this topic, I thought of something to replace forum addict. Gee, makes it sound like I'm here 24/7. I certainly didn't think of this on my own, so thank you to all the Bleeping posters who gave me the idea.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 February 2009 - 11:35 PM.

#15 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

So,

I can't change mine to

:flowers:

Posted Image Does that answer your question? :thumbsup:

Don't tase me, Bro'!

:trumpet:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users