Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error loading operating system.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Tatsuki

Tatsuki

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:03 AM

Last night I was playing an online game... It froze on me so I decided I would take out the battery (so I could turn it off... Stupid, yeah? I know...). When I turn it on now, it has the message: Error loading operating system. I'm not sure what to do about it... If anyone has any idea on how this even got here in the first place, please do tell. Umm... Not much more to say, except for the fact, if you guys don't mind, please put things into simple terms. :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:23 AM

I take it that it doesn't complete loading Vista? Can you open in Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

If you have to turn off the system that way, don't remove the battery or power. Just press and hold the power button for a while (20 seconds is usually long enough) and it should shut off that way.

Use your Vista installation disk to perform a Startup Repair: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/
If you don't have a Vista installation disk, there are downloadable options at this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1261
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Tatsuki

Tatsuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

I have the instalation disk, but it won't run all the way. Why is this? Is there a different solution to this?
And no, it cannot open safe mode.
I don't realy mind deleting the informantion that is on it. If that helps at all. There isn't much important stuff on there, but if it is possiable I would like to find a way to keep that info. And thanks.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Tatsuki

Tatsuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:57 AM

And how do I go about doing that?

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:59 AM

Try this tutorial.

#8 Tatsuki

Tatsuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:09 AM

Which one is the CD-ROM, out of this list...
USB Optical Drive
Internal Optical Drive
Floppy Disk Drive
USB Flash
USB Hard Disk Drive
Internal Hard Disk Drive
Network

I'm not very bright when it comes to computers so... Heh, heh...

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:58 AM

Internal optical drive.

#10 Tatsuki

Tatsuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:25 AM

After waiting for a while, all I get is a black screen. That is after the screen with the green bar wizzes by (it's at this screen for a very long time though...). And then I get nothing... It just stays at this screen, unmoving... What to do? >-<

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:27 AM

What are you trying to do, access the BIOS?

#12 Tatsuki

Tatsuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:56 AM

I acessed it and changed the boot order. When I turn it back on. It loads basicaly what I tried to describe earlier.
First it says, Windows is Loading files...
With a bar that is loading underneath it. Then it goes to the screen with the green bar, and then just a plain black screen... I'm not sure what to do...

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:01 AM

If it has started to load Vista just let it go on, this could take a while.

#14 Tatsuki

Tatsuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:02 AM

Okay. :D I'll tell you if anything shows up. (Left it on for about 30min now...) And I need to sleep so, I'll leave it up.

#15 Tatsuki

Tatsuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

I don't think it will load, it's been sitting there for over 12hrs now. Should I just leave it there longer or what should I do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users