Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp has recovered from a serious error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 crummy04

crummy04

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

HI all im new to this and im hoping someone can help me.

Recently I had reinstall windows xp home. Long story short i bought this book for tweaking xp and well i messed up my registry a lil bit. Ok bad enough to where I couldn't get windows to load at all. Well I took a cd called knoppix and was able to get my important info off of my hard drive before I rebooted it. All was fine after that. Well now my computer runs fine, its fast for its age but i do have one little issue with it. I like to play games most of them install just fine except for certain games from E.A. Sports. The disk launches and when I click install "bam" my computer reboots and I get this error message

BCCode:1a BCP1: 00000781 BCP2: C031C304 BCP3: 00000000 BCP4: E1FD2000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1

Thanks to everyone whether looking or replying to my message.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:28 AM

Check your devices in Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Look for any "!", "?" or "X" symbols.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 crummy04

crummy04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

checked the device manager today and found nothing in trouble nor disabled

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

When you reinstalled Windows did you install all the necessary drivers?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 crummy04

crummy04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

yes if i remember right i installed all the drivers i needed. but what gets me is why is this not happening to all the games i install or for that matter anything that i install on the computer. i guess there's a slight chance it could be a driver but i wouldn't know which one.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

Try running through the steps given here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users