Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SuperAntiSpyware affecting Microsoft Word 2002

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -KiKi-

-KiKi-

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

I opened up my Microsoft Word 2002 program and it informed me that I needed to install something with Microsoft Works Suite 2006 disc in order to run Word. This was the first time this has ever happened to me, and I didn't understand why it was happening. So I got the Works Suite 2006 disc with Microsoft Word 2002 on it, and I installed it. After I installed it, everything was fine, so I didn't think anything of it.

Well today, I ran the SAS scan on my mom's computer. There were only some adware tracking cookies on there, so I had SAS to remove them.

A little while later, my cousin opened up Microsoft Word on my mom's computer, and it also informed her that she needed to install something with Microsoft Works Suite 2006 disc with Word. So I came to the conclusion that it must have been the SAS scan that is causing this. I just started using the SAS scan days ago on my computer and my mom's computer, and suddenly this problem happens where I have to run the Works Suite disc and install something from it to install Word completely. This is weird and I don't know exactly what's causing it, but I am pretty sure that the SAS scan has something to do with it. Our Word programs didn't have this problem until after I ran the SAS scan.

Can anyone help me out with this? How can I prevent this from happening? I don't want to have to run the disc everytime I open up Word on our computers. What could possibly be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:06 AM

Would you post a log from SAS?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users