Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Notebook Monitor/Video Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jcmindeed

jcmindeed

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion dv6700 notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium with a NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M graphics card. Sometimes when I watch videos (especially large size files) my display will go completely black, and sometimes distorted. The sound will still play and in fact the computer still runs perfectly fine. The only way to get the display to normal is to do a hard shut down and turn the computer back on. Sometimes when I'm just surfing the net my computer will change my resolution to 800 x 600 instead of 1280 x 800 and change the program windows to the default color. Also in the Microsoft games (such as Solitaire, Freecell, etc.) the text is really huge and is cut off despite the fact that my DPI is set to default. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users