Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3D image editor/creator

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Genki

Genki

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

simple question, does anyone knpw a good application that allows you to create or alter a 3d image?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

The best thing i know of close to that is Blender(http://www.blender.org/), but i haven't used it enough to learn how it really works. Takes a lot of computer power though, so if you've got something with 1GB or less of RAM, and a generally old computer, its gonna be slow for you.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 virused

virused

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

The best thing i know of close to that is Blender(http://www.blender.org/)

This is the program I use and I LOVE it. you can make water sims, soft bodies, games, animations, particle animations, and pretty much anything you want. It will be frustrating to use at first, but you will learn to love it. (for help and tutorials just check out youtube.com)
~\/1$3~

For every VIRUS there is a remedy.

#4 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

U can give 3dsmax a try to. It's used by alot well known gaming companies, for example the makers of the grand theft auto series

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#5 webrat

webrat

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

Wings 3D is worth a look. Best thing about it - it's a free download. Some of the work I've seen produced on it is pretty amazing tbh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users