Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Antivirus 360

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 morgansfind

morgansfind

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hi

I am attaching the required requested documents. I did not know how to save the attachment file as a zip file. :thumbup2:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:22 AM

Hi,

It's better not to attach your logs, but copy and paste them in the thread instead.

* Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Post the log from ComboFix in your next reply.

Please make sure you disable ALL of your Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall before running ComboFix..This because Security Software may see some components ComboFix uses (prep.com for example) as suspicious and blocks the tool, or even deletes it. Please visit HERE if you don't know how.

Extra note: The combofix tutorial recommends to disable your Antivirus, in your case McAfee. For McAfee, I rather recommend to temporary uninstall it, because Mcafee causes a lot of problems with Combofix after reboot, this because McAfee enables again after reboot. So please temporary uninstall McAfee first, then reboot and then scan with Combofix.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 morgansfind

morgansfind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hi All,

I fixed it! I downloaded Malwarebytes ' Anti-Malware from cnet. It took care of it the problem. Thanks. :thumbup2:

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

Hi,

If I were you, I would perform the steps I posted anyway, because I know that leftovers will still be present and can cause a reinfection.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 morgansfind

morgansfind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Ok,
I will do that now. Thanks.

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

Good :thumbup2:

#7 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:40 AM

Any progress yet? Because you still didn't post the Combofix log. That log reveals what's still present....

#8 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users