Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Presario...F10 Recovery Not Working and No Disks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ladyrazzor

ladyrazzor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hi there.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a Compaq pressario SR1629UK, there was a huge problem and I need to do a destructive recovery however they PC came with no disks. I have tried an F10 recovery but even tho I repeatedly press F10 the pc starts as normal. Is there any other way I can do a recovery or access the recovery with out disks?

Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

Hello ladyrazzor, welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Try this instead:
Go to your Start menu.
Under Programs or All Programs, look for PC Help and Tools. (or something similar)
Under Help and Tools, if you see it, click on Compaq System Recovery.
You will be asked if you really want to start system recovery, click Yes.

If asked to reboot, do so.
I've never used this method to do a recovery on my Compaq-the only thing I know is the option is there under the Start Menu.

If that doesn't work, you can try something else. Also in Help and Tools, you may see an option to make recovery disks.
You'll need a bunch of blank cd's to do this, then you can use them to do your recovery.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 16 February 2009 - 05:55 PM.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

It can take a few trys on getting the key combonation just right.
You can order a set of recovery CD's for a nominal fee:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...;product=376085
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users