Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigblaqq

bigblaqq

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Every time I start my PC I get the " this machine has just recovered from a serious malfunction " message. I tried to copy and paste it exactly but it would not let me. The amount of time my PC stays on before it restarts itself varies. Anywhere form 5mins. to 2omins. This may be important, My buddy just installed a new Hard drive for me. Since I got this back from him I've been encountering this. I told him about it and he has no clue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

It looks like you have a virus, spyware, etc. There is a forum for infected computers, I suggest you past your Hijack This log over there first. :thumbsup:
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

I don't believe this warrants posting a HJT log.

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the times that this is happening.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

One of the things that can cause this is overheating, look inside the case to see if there is an accumulation of dust, especially in the fan and heat sink on the CPU, if there is blow it out with canned air.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 bigblaqq

bigblaqq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

WOW I cant believe the amount of times that i had errors. The 2 codes that showed up the most were 45062 the description was "CRT invalid display type" and code 1003 that description was lengthy here we go "1000008e parameter 1 coooooo5, parameter2 804ebb3c parameter 3 cd1dbc4a parameter 4 00000000" As for the dust When The hard drive was replaced the case was properly cleaned. Thanx for the help !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users