Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pictures on desktop problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SIOUXSIEfan

SIOUXSIEfan

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:40 PM

ok last time i put just images on my desktop but not as my desktop i was able to just copy and paste and the pictures would well pop up as pictures on my desktop with out becoming my desktop but i tried to do it well after a few years on and well the pictures are now poping up as files help
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 exids

exids

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:09 PM

Please clarify... What images on your desktop? A background image, or a image file?

I am assuming you are trying to get a background image... Right click you desktop (not an icon) and choose properties. Click the desktop tab, the click browse and choose the file you want for your background.

Not sure if that is what you were asking or not?

Chris
http://techtalk.yourtechonline.com

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:17 PM

If you're trying to add a picture as a desktop item, right-click on the desktop, click on the "Desktop" tab, then the "customize desktop" button. Now click on the "Web" tab. Then click on the "New" button. There's a "Browse" button on that window and you can use it to navigate through your computer and choose a file. When you choose a picture file, click "OK," then on the Display Properties window, click "Apply." When you move your mouse cursor over the item, a frame will appear around it and you can use that to move it around, resize the picture, or click the X to close it.

To remove desktop items, go back through the same steps and highlight the one you wish to remove and click "Delete." Don't delete your current home page.

#4 SIOUXSIEfan

SIOUXSIEfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:03 PM

no what i'm trying to do is add a file to my desktop with out it becoming my wallpaper just like a clip on the desktop but not a file the actual picture i've done it before but i really don't know of another way to do it for the way i do know is not working
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users