Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Userinit Logon Application

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rmb04

rmb04

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

Today I booted up my computer as normal, but found that it got no further than loading my desktop image before giving me an error message:

Data Execution Prevention
To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program.
Name: Userinit Logon Application
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

Having scoured google there seems to be a number of possible causes/solutions, none of which seem to have helped my situation.

Several other Microsoft Applications such as Windows Installer and Notepad also give me similar error messages.

I've ran Spybot S&D (nothing), Norton AV (nothing), Malwarebytes, Eusing Free Registry Cleaner and CCleaner.

I don't know if this is relevant information or not but hopefully it could give someone an idea on what is the best remedy for my problem. Although Norton Av picked up nothing on the scan, the popups in the corner occasionally show it has blocked Downloader from C:\Windows\Temp\Vrta8.tmp

Oh yeah, I got the error message when trying to use a restore point aswell.

I've got a malwarebytes log and HJT log if required, but I read the message about not posting them here...

Any help is appreciated....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DMah

DMah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:54 AM

Sorry rmb04 this is not an answer.. I need help - i think i have the same problem, I get the same message when explorer tries to kick up and don't have any idea how to get my pc to run again..
first there are 3 or 4 error messages like this:

instruction "0x00610664" referenced memory at "0x00610664". The memory could not be "written"

then this:

to help your computer, windows has closed this program
userinit logon application

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:48 AM

Any MBAM logs can be posted here and we need them as to determine how best to clean the infection if possible?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 DMah

DMah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:59 AM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware seemed to do the job. Then i ran avg it seems to have worked! both free versions, sweet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users