Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse Generic 12.AVVJ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Nile

Nile

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

I've got Trojan horse Generic 12.AVVJ on my machine - AVG told me.... I don't know how to get completely rid of it. More info here:
http://www.computing.net/answers/security/...avvj/24789.html

Please help!
Thanks, Nile.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

I cba to play Runescape atm so i'll help you out. Ok what symptoms are you getting on your computer - you said AVG didn't full remove the virus ?

Edited by Skydie, 16 February 2009 - 03:53 PM.

#3 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Also PLEASE don't whatever you do post a HJT log on this thread. Im not trained to read them and also you might get dangerous advice from someone else. Just follow the instructions I give

#4 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

On a further note if we don't solve this problem using basic method's you can post a HJT log in the specified place on the forums (were some HJT team member will help you)

#5 Nile

Nile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

Well... PCThread here: http://www.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-6789en.html says that the symptoms are:
Pop ups (when I'm in FF, an IE window pops up, same for IE, an IE win pops up).
Windows aren't responding
Windows are crashing.

Thanks Skydie!

[edit]
If you look at the link in my first post, I have a HJT log

Edited by Nile, 16 February 2009 - 03:56 PM.

#6 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

Ok first of all download MBAM (Malware Bytes) from this link http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-...4-10804572.html (it's safe) after that be sure to update Malware Bytes - from now on im going to call it MBAM - then AFTER it has updated I highly recommend you disconnect from the Internet (it's a trojan you never know) and then run a full system scan (as your sure your infected). Also it's be nice to know what types of protection you use (Anti-Virus,Firewall)

#7 Nile

Nile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

Actually... Before I posted this I did it, and it took around 5 hours to scan.. I didn't update it nor did I disconnect from the internet. It didn't get anything.. neither does AVG, but something still has to be on my computer -_-

A/V And Firewall:

Trend Micro
Spy-bot
Ad-ware
MBam
Avast
AVG
Windows Defender
SpyHunter

A lot.. Right? AVG is the one that detected the trojan, SpyHunter says MsnPlus contains a virus, is it?

Edited by Nile, 16 February 2009 - 04:05 PM.

#8 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

Aparrently the website (www.pcthreat.com) hosts a program called Spy Hunter (im along the write lines) I read that it is a fake anti-spyware and hence I recommend you remove it immeaditly!

#9 Nile

Nile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

Ok, thanks I will do so. Where did you read this?

#10 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Ok well you've got a lot (LOADS) of software there I recommend you delete Spy Hunter immeaditly, also do all of those programs have real time protection on?

#11 Nile

Nile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

The only one that I know has real time protection is Avast.

#12 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

Norton safe web (I use Norton Internet Security 2009) I also have SuperantiSpyware on my computer aswell as MBAM

#13 Nile

Nile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

You dont think I have enough spyware and ad-ware and malware stuff to defend me?

#14 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

Ok if MBAM took so long and all those programs you have (except AVG ) couldn't find the virus it could possibly be that they've been disable by Malware (not 100% sure) download MBAM fresh from that link I gave to you and delete the old MBAM you have on your computer. I think you should disable all real time scanning apart from one (looking at that list I recommend keeping Avast!'s on) after instslling the new MBAM update it and try a quick scan then post the log

Nile on the contrary I believe you have way to many AVs installed

#15 Nile

Nile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

Ok! Thanks will do!

Lemme get this straight:

Turn off every real time protection but Avast!.
Turn off internet connection
Download new mbam - uninstall old
Post log?

Ok... Once I get another reply comfirming I will.. What do you mean its been disabled by Malware.

I've got all those installed b/c of the adware on my computer (which is most liely the trojan's doing), they were all requested.

Edited by Nile, 16 February 2009 - 04:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users