Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help removing csrss.exe and lsass.exe.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 -db

-db

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

Hi,

I have a laptop, IBM T40 running Windows XP Pro.

It is mainly used for internet surfing and on-line shopping.

When I received it, it had virus/maleware type error pop ups and the internet browsers could not locate any pages even though I was showing fully connected.

I have updated and ran AVG free 8.0, Malewarebytes, Ad-Aware, Dr. Curit, and Winsock fix. I have ran all but Winsock more than one time. This cleaned numerous other things off that were found and fixed the internet connection problem, but I am stuck with these last two virus which can be see in task manager.

A google search turned up that csrss.exe could be Trojan.32.Beagle or others with a similar name. Lsass.exe was said to be part of Trojan.W32.Downloader.

After removing these, will the computer be cleaned and secure enough for continued online shopping use?

Please suggest the next course of action.

Thanks,
Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:15 AM

Hello db,

I apologise for the delay, the forum is extremely busy.
Unfortunately there are a lot of people waiting for help, and we are doing our best.
----------------------------------------------
I will be assisting you with your malware issues.
  • Whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.
  • Continue to respond to this thread until I give you the All Clean! If you have any question or you're stuck in there please reply it to me. I will try my best to help you!
  • Please bookmark or favourite this page. In case you need it as reference or etc.
  • If you fail to reply in 5 days period from now, this thread will close, and you will have to open another topic, and wait for another helper.

A google search turned up that csrss.exe could be Trojan.32.Beagle or others with a similar name. Lsass.exe was said to be part of Trojan.W32.Downloader.

After removing these, will the computer be cleaned and secure enough for continued online shopping use?

I can't really tell unless i see some reports. It those infections are backdoors, it would be better to Reformat this pc, since it's used for online shopping.
Download and Run HijackThis
Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.
  • Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

#3 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is now closed and will not be reopened.
If you still need help, begin a new topic.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users