Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Swimming with sharks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:23 PM

I know this might be hard for you to imagine but try and picture this. You’re on an Island enjoying your vacation when you decide you feel like a little swim in the ocean. The sun is shinning, the water is crystal clear and warm. So in you go and as you swim along you think to yourself just how lucky you are to be alive and getting to enjoy this. Just when you think you couldn't be happier you start getting this weird feeling so you look around and realize your swimming with a school of man eating sharks. Suddenly swimming in the ocean isn't that much fun any more. Now all you can think is, I just hope there nice sharks. However there’s no guaranty, then you start to panic and feel like your trout food at a fish hatchery.

Has anyone ever had that feeling?

I have!

Every time I come on a form like this! I can't help it. I always think the internet pedophile going to get me! LOL some of these members and moderators have mad skills. These guys are smart and what guaranties to we have they won't turn on us and do us harm? It’s like taking your car to a mechanic; we're like sheep to the slaughter! Sure, for the most part you would have to think that these guys are on the up and up but what about that one bad apple?

If you’re swimming with 20 sharks and only one starts to attach you, how many would it take to ruin your day! Here’s what I'm talking about!

One has to wonder, I find it funny that I have no problem posting any where in this form except in the form Windows 95/98/ME. When ever I try and add a comment to my post called, 98se R.I.P, my IE crashes. Every time! I never can post there! I can't help but think I made one of those guys mad at me. Sure, you'll say well, you shouldn't have been goofing around like that and maybe you’re probably right! Still, if and I say if they did put a whammy on me then that’s not right either! Is it?

Is there anyone who can help me take a look at this and see what the problem is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

mod bump
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

You have very imaginative writing skills, but we do not have the time or the resources to play games
If you need help, briefly state what your problem is and we will see what we can do
Since you are using 98 you have only so many options

From the forum rules:
[quote]When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

Edited by garmanma, 17 February 2009 - 02:39 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

[quote name='garmanma' date='Feb 17 2009, 01:29 PM' post='1140543']
You have very imaginative writing skills, but we do not have the time or the resources to play games

Sorry!.....Just trying to knock a little dust off the old hum drum! I promise in the future I'll try and be more robotic!

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:57 AM

I promise in the future I'll try and be more robotic!

Write however you want (within forum guidelines). I wouldn't be surprised though if nobody takes the time to read it.

#6 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:49 AM

I promise in the future I'll try and be more robotic!

Write however you want (within forum guidelines). I wouldn't be surprised though if nobody takes the time to read it.

True that! Too long huh? Maybe I should post a disclaimer: NOT FOR THE READING IMPAIRED! LOL :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users