Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alignment problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mfx

Mfx

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

Ok so I've been developing this layout for a while for this fansite, http://evannalynchfans.com/layouttest/ and the trouble is that my screen resolution is about 1660 pixels so it differs as most resolutions are lower. The problem that I need to fix is the scrollbar at the bottom, I assume most of you have the scroll bar, how do I get rid of it and have my layout appear in a fixed position at the centre of the screen?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

What have you tried so far?

#3 Mfx

Mfx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

Well im a beginner at dreamweaver so I just fiddle with the coding, I just wondered if there was a specific thing that could solve the problem.

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

From what i could see, it'd just be a matter of changing the CSS code at the top of the page for the #centered or the .side part. Not sure what way you'd change it, but that's what i'd look at.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#5 Mfx

Mfx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:29 PM

I've tried doing that, but im still getting nothing :\

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

The Internet is full of code that will help you do what you want. When you show us exactly what you have tried, then we will be happy to help. One of the first things you want to do is to make sure the code properly validates. If you have syntax errors in your code, then it is very possible that even if you use the proper code, other errors will override it, and you will not see any changes.

Maybe start here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=center+a+di...lient=firefox-a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users