Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dumping physical memory problem - help please

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mizkatie

mizkatie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

My computer goes straight to blue screen on start up and shows this:
stop:c0000218 ( registry file failure) The registry cannot load the hive ( file:
\systemroot\system32\config\software or its log or alternative.
It is corrupt, absent or not writable. Begginning dump of physical memory. Contact system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

It is my sons comp but I need the photos in it as they are from when he was a baby and I don't want to lose them. I know some comp things but I need it in plain language even me as a dummy can understand. I so don't want to restore it. I lose the pics I know.
Thank you in advance for any and all help.
Kathy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

I would pull that hard drive out install a new one put and OS and security software on it then install the old drive as a secondary. Once you get to that point you can take the items you want off the secondary onto the new drive, when you are done you can format the old drive and reuse it that is if it is not to old. I put new hard drives in my machines every two years, if there are -0- problems with the old drive I usually do Xcopy check everything then take a hammer to the old drive.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users