Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Four Viruses in a folder i can not find nor any other prog..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 salshroom

salshroom

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:59 PM

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\aun_0035.exe is infected with Trojan.Alwayup
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.inf is infected with Adware.WinFavorites
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.2\aun_0035.exe is infected with Trojan.Alwayup
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\aun_0035.exe is infected with Trojan.Alwayup

This is what shows up with symantec free online virus scan. These four files wont be found using the search program threw windows. I copied and pasted the file path minus the file itself IE <C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1>. Computer shows page can not be displayed. For some odd reason the computer when I goto Explorer, shows that this folder doesn't exist past Downloaded Program Files. I think these 4 viruses is whats causing the problems with this computer. Norton nor any other program can delete these nor find them, ONLY show them as infected files. Very strange if you ask me. I have been beating my head over it for a while now and as a last resort I come here to ask for help on how to get to that specific folder and delete them by hand. Any help at all could only help the situation. Some one please save me!!

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum.

Edited by scarlett, 02 June 2005 - 04:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 completealias

completealias

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:38 PM

In my computer goto tools / folder options then view tab. Enable show hidden files and folder and take the tick out of hide protected operating system files see if you can then see these files use caution make sure you do not run the files.

If you can see them when you goto delete them hold down shift and this will delete them straight from your computer and not place them in the recycle bin.

If you do not have an antivirus app on your computer I then recommend you download avast from http://www.avast.com it is free and very good updated it and run a full scan.

Also do you have any anti spyware apps on your pc if not then I can post links to them also.

Don't forget to change the view settings back once you have sorted out the problem

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

Norton isn't particularly good with trojans. Why not try out Ewido Security Suite. There are free and pay versions. You download both and get to use the pay version for a trial period. Find it here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users