Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble downloading zip files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

I can't download zip files from a website where I am a member of a group. I can download htm and txt files with no problem. The files are there, I can get them from the office, but not from home. At home, I can download zip files from BC, for instance hijackthis.zip comes in with no problems.

Any clues? Where do I begin looking? Please point me in the right direction.

Without too much understanding, I've looked at IE settings, ZoneAlarmSuite settings, privacy settings, mobile code, few others and can't find anything resembling 'block zip files'.

This is the exact IE 6 message (I just removed a bunch of blank lines from it)

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the f4.grp.yahoofs.com home page.

You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

:thumbsup:

Edited - system description I forgot to include
Windows XP home sp2
IE 6.0.2900.2180 ... Hope you don't need any more, I can't copy and paste it
ZoneAlarm Suite 5.5.094
Pest Patrol keeps pests out all the time also

Edited by tos226, 01 June 2005 - 10:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users