Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lozy1257

lozy1257

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

OK i kept and having this annoying error message about something forgot what and i decided to change some settings,I rebooted and the error message didn't show i tried opening up a song in windows media and it showed the error message

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

I'v looked everywhere for help some one said that i had to reinstall a driver
i know my computer details and stuff but i just cant find the right driver i should have. Please help me I'v had this problem for over 4months now Its really annoying me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:01 PM

Hey Lozy,

We need some information in getting you the correct driver. I need to know what version of windows you are using, what sound card you have - or the model number for your computer. Once I have that, we can point you in the right direction.

If you wish, you can look the driver up as well. I use www.driverguide.com for all drivers that aren't part of a name branded system. (and sometimes with those too)

Good luck,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users