Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Security Center

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 521 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

Hello everyone!

Windows Security Center stopped recognizing all of my anti-malware, anti-virus, anti-spy ware, and my McAfee Security Center Firewall. It happened about 4-5 maybe 6 weeks ago. I cannot remember if I had contacted Dell or Microsoft for this problem. But I was told that I could either reinstall Windows or just live with it. I tried to live with it. But it is becoming a royal pain in the Butt!! :thumbsup: I had Windows Security Center problems once before and I do not remember what the fix was. I know I had a problem between Windows Defender and McAfee Firewall. Had Windows Defender and the Windows firewall turned off Because of that.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do to get this fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:30 AM

What are your security programs?

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 521 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hello!

I have the following anti-malware/spy ware/virus programs:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, a squared free, SUPERAntiSpyware Free, Spybot- Search & Destroy Free, SpywareBlaster, and the following McAfee programs: Security Center, Virus Scan, Personal Firewall, Site Adviser, Anti-Spam, and Privacy Service. All of the McAfee programs, except Site Adviser, were installed on my computer when I purchased it.

Also installed on my computer that came with it and is included with Windows vista: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. I have had to have them turned off because of the McAfee programs interfering with them.

I hope this information helps.

If there is anything else you need to know just ask.

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hmm, there have been issues with Security center not recognizing some programs. It shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you know that your programs are active and running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users