Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and Family update (KB951847)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:16 PM

Hello everyone!

I guess my luck ran out. So I am back on here to find out if anyone can help me. My problem is I tried to download the update:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86.
At first it downloaded fine, I restarted my computer to install it, it installed fine. Then it restated Showing 2 of 3 stages of updates then My computer automatically restarted showed 3 of 3 stages of updates, Then I got a black screen which showed; I do not know if it was showing how many files indexed or filed, or configured out of a total number or what, then the computer restarted again and then I got the following message: "Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer." Then the computer restarted again and went through the normal starting procedures.

I have already gone to Microsoft with this and have tried what they suggested and nothing worked so far. I keep getting the same results as above. They have had me try to manually install the programs individually. But that has not work so far. They have had me clean up and uninstall all .NET files and programs but I have found the following:
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB9584...
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB9535...

I could not see the numbers that followed after (KB9584 and (KB9535. Plus that is how it showed up on my Installed Programs and Updates lists.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know why this is happening? Or What could be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nerdful Things

Nerdful Things

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:44 AM

I wonder if this is related to my problem: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...=203549&hl=

In the last couple days, .net and c+++ items have been subjects of my problem. This all started after the february 2009 patch tuesday last week.
I further suspect .net as on the Security Now podcast, Steve Gibson mentioned a .net glob of 250 megs was involved in the patch. listen to the first few minutes, and he mentions it, but nothing about the patch breaking anything.
"Then the big mother was a .NET Framework update. And it's 250MB." he says. http://www.grc.com/sn/sn-183.txt
not to dual post, I'll get back to researching my problem, now that I have a desktop back, I need to try other things to fix the side by side error.
Good luck.

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

Hello Nerdful Things,

I looked at your problem also, to see if we have a similar problem. But the only thing that is similar is the .NET glob of 250MB. I had downloaded a similar file update the other week. Then now this problem with this download for these files/updates. I had contacted Microsoft about this current topic and they do not know what is causing it. They had me uninstall all of the .NET programs on my computer and that included that huge glob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users