Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with win32.trojandownloader.agent

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 inf

inf

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

So my computer got hit with that, I tried using malwarebytes but it would not load. I did a system restore and malwarebytes works. However, I can only load to desktop on safe mode. When I try to load to desktop in normal mode, I get a spool.exe error, memory could not be written. I don't have the exact error messages as I have my main comp doing a full system malwarebytes scan in safe mode at the moment.

I tried looking up fixes for the spool error but most of them referred to problems caused by a printer. I do not even have a printer installed on my other computer. I also read that the spool error could be caused by malware or viruses.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 inf

inf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

My full system malwarebytes scan came up with the following infections.

Rootkit.Agent

#3 inf

inf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:26 PM

Exact error message:

spoolsv.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x008b0664". The memory could not be "written".

I also get the following:

StarWind iSCSI Target (Alcohol Edition) has encountered a problem and needs to close.

When I hit ok for these 2 messages, the screen just shows my desktop picture but nothing else loads...

I am now also having trouble loading into safe mode after malwarebytes removed Rootkit.Agent

Please let me know what else I will need to provide in order to help diagnosis a fix.

Edited by inf, 15 February 2009 - 10:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users